Saturday, July 12, 2008

Faith Healing: Does it work? (Medical news)

Despite being up-to-date in medical news, I rarely see reports of medical miracles in the reports. Maybe it's something we just don't talk about. Some people argue that it that if God really heals, why don't amputees get their limbs back?

I had a similar line of thought, until I spoke with my editor, defensedefumer. He told me that God often heals though doctors and that His healing often gets to the root of the problem, rather than the problem itself. I have heard of cases where the deaf hear again, and the blind see again.

I was doubtful about this till I read "Alpha: Questions of Life" by Nicky Gumbel. There was a case where an woman's leg was not healed until she learnt to forgive. I begin to understand about that when Jesus, whose miracles were well documented sent out all his disciples to teach people to obey everything He had commanded them. This includes the healing bit.

Does faith healing work? Yes it does. Because I have seen it.

Dr. Storm

The Alternative: It rocks!

No comments: