Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Litvinenko's Final Fight (International)


I was initially against writing about this. However, after being informed that Ben Tan would write it in place of me, I changed my mind.

This is, of course, one of the darkest revelations concerning my country. It proves to show how dangerous my country, even after the fall of the Soviet Union. No one in the intelligence community really gets to retire.

Alexander Litvinenko, former FSB agent, was poisoned radioactively on November 1, and died on November 23 2006. His final statement accused Russian President Putin of murdering him. Afterall, he was one of Putin's fiercest critic in the past. In fact, one needed access to a nuclear reactor to obtain polonium, the substance the ex-spy was killed by.

Although there is doubt whether Putin was the mastermind or even involved in the killing, one thing remains clear. Don't piss people off. It could be the last thing you do.

Natasha Romanov

No comments: