Monday, July 19, 2010

Update-- why start this blog?

I started this blog because I was both angry and frustrated. On one hand, I am angry because some of my less accomodating atheist friends, and well-known atheists keep misrepresenting Christianity, and portraying it in such a way that no reasonable person could believe it. On the other hand, I am frustrated that a lot of my brothers-and-sisters-in-Christ do not give our non-believing counterparts enough respect in engaging them and also misrepresenting their points.

So I started this amateurish Christian apologetic site, to publish my thoughts and musings. I hope to be respectful and truthful enough to help people think about issues, regardless if they agree with my point of view. While this site is not as extensive as my science blog (I am a biology major, not a theology/philosophy major), I'm glad to announce that maintaining this blog makes me less frustrated and angry. And I can sleep better tonight.

To those who complain my posts are too superfisical or deep, I'm sorry. They probably can justify their reasons, and I did so unintentionally. If I misrepresented any one, I apologise again.

My future posts will have the following labels. In Updates, I post about what I am currently doing, and the direction this blog will take. In Alternative Culture, I will analyse Christianity in relation to culture. It maybe a book review, thoughts on a movie, or even a comment on some piece of art. In With Due Respect, I will talk about views from non-Christians and analyse their critisism of Christianity. In Theology 1.0, I will talk about views from other Christians, and the Bible. Lastly in My Confessions, I will talk about my personal journey and struggles with Christianity.

Thanks for reading!

No comments: